Thursday 22 February 2007

‘My Avatar Hell’ pt.1

It’s been a strange week for Second Self. After taking the advice of a colleague and uninstalling SL for the weekend (having spent the w/e prior living virtually) in order to tackle RL, I re-entered on Monday evening and was overcome by the urge to try living my SL as a triceratops..

(I’d picked up some free furry avatars a month ago, and hadn’t tried them out yet for fear of becoming the virtual equivalent of the stereotypical festival-goer donning ‘wacky’ headwear…)


The problem was that the triceratops avatar was HUGE and unwieldy, so I tried to take it off. The resulting avatar can only be described as…

Ok, will stop there. But SEE???

So I hurriedly tried to amend the monstrosity by becoming a white wolf… Nah; too similar to my fox friend… So in one last attempt to ditch my freaky avatar I decided to become a Zebra. Now the Zebra was kind of ok – I liked the way it flew (although couldn’t get my roller boots to work) so I teleported off to the Haunted House ride.

Oh dear. Unfortunately my Zebra behind was rather… erm, large. The ride seemed different. And then I realised.

MY BUM WAS STUCK!

Oh the shame… I quickly exited the ride and detached the Zebra avatar, which unfortunately led me back to freaky avatar part 1. At this point I decided to call it a night...

No comments: