Monday 18 June 2007

Big Chip Awards (RL version)

Puli and I were pretty excited about attending the Big Chip Award together, albeit one of us was going in the flesh and the other would be rendered of pixels. Questions flew through my mind; Would we be able to see each other? Would our new dresses be a hit on the night? How would the experiences differ? Would the real and the virtual experience be seamlessly fused together, thus blurring the traditionally accepted notions of existence? What would they serve me for dinner? It was enough to make a girl giddy.

Unfortunately it turned out that my table was too far away from the projection screen to see what was going on in SL, but I was told by others at my table with better eyesight than me that Puli was clearly visible and never without a drink in hand. Spookily, neither was I when our table won six bottles of champagne for texting in the most responses to a question about Second Life (My joy at this was slightly hampered by the fact that they were all texting in an answer to the effect that all people who use Second Life are losers. Frankly I would expect more open mindedness of a forward thinking New Media team, but I'm sure that drinking more than my fair share proved punishment enough)

No comments: